Saturday, June 13, 2009

Delilah

I cannot recall the warmth of the sun
Nor the taste of my lover's lips
When she pulled my face close to hers
Under sunny skies as we experience our first kiss.


These hands don't remember the rush of the sea
Or ever the touch of your soft and silky skin
When we played in the ocean
Clinging together as the morning tide came crashing in.


My eyes can't recall the colors of a rainbow
Or ever the blinding rays of light
Or how beautifully the moon and the stars
Shined as lovely as you did at night.


Nothing has been the same, my darling Delilah
Since the day you departed from this world
And I know there's nothing God or his Angels can do
To unthaw this heart that has gone cold.


This is a wound time alone cannot heal
Your death is something that shall haunt me unto the end
Until the slow decay of time or by my own hand
Will I be able to once more look upon your beautiful face again.

No comments: