Sunday, February 3, 2008

Valentine's Day is Overrated

Ah, Valentine's Day. The one day of the year where we share our affection to our significant other, because as we all know, the other 364 days don't count.
The one day of the year where you can really express to your lover (or to that girl/boy on the side) just how much you care about them....by buying our lover some expensive diamond ring, or camera phone, or tie. Nothing speaks volumes about romance like buying an iPhone.
Give me a fucking break.
If you were to say that i'm cynical on V-Day, then you would be right. My beef with V-Day is that its merely an exercise for billion dollar industries like Hallmark and the candy companies to get people to buy their shit.
I really can't stand how V-day is probably going to be made into this huge deal at ORHS, especially the couples who will be annoying me with their talk of 'you're my soulmate; we'll be together 4ever, baby', and whatever puke-able crap I'll no doubt hear thought the day. Please, stop with that fucking garbage! You're not going to stay together forever, and all bets are pointing toward you two getting into some stupid fight and breaking up! Who the fuck are you trying to impress here?
The phrase, I love you is about 8 letters long. Well, so is this phrase: bullshit.

No comments: