Monday, July 14, 2008

Subconscious Prison

I'm like a rat trapped in a cage
In this subconscious prison of mine
No cold steel bars are necessary
When your trapped inside your mind.





There's no guards to put me back in
No barb-wire fencing to stop me from making an escape
There's only walls upon walls upon walls
Of guilt, doubt, and feelings of sickening self hate.





Behind every inmate lies a crime
A heinous act condemned by the world
But I have committed no unspeakable felony
The world left me behind, simply left me behind.





I was an outcast, a stray dog to the rest of the world
Wasn't a certain drone; said no to what didn't feel real to me
So the world put me in this hellish cell
Destined to feel shunned for an eternity.





There's no ray of sunlight in this gray cell
No light at the end of the tunnel for me
There's no release date, no sympathetic visitors to see
Nothing but the stench of self pity and fear.

No comments: