Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summertime Blues in San Diego

Summertime is here;
The flowers, the trees; all are full in bloom.


So why am I unable to shake Winter's icy blues?
Why am I unable to let go of my feelings for you?


I bike to Ocean Beach tryin' hard to forget;
All the shit you've put me through.


What happened to all the fun times we shared?
I guess it was all a lie when you said, 'I love you.'


Summertime in Dayago has come;
There's no relief from the heat this day.


Tell me, why'd you throw our love away?
How could you throw my love away?


Went out with my friends Tuesday night;
at the beach party, tryin' hard to get the feelin' right.


But there you were, hangin' with your new toy;
I left the scene in tears, before I start a verbal fight.


Just was I to you?
Was I something that could easily be replaced?


Like a battery for the remote,
Or a mistake to a test question; easy to erase?


Summertime is winding down;
The summer styles are being boxed away.


Just like how you threw our love away;
Just like how you threw my love away.

No comments: