Monday, September 1, 2008

Shit! It's really been over a month

Since I've posted anything over here? Geez, i've been getting lazy.

Well, there's a couple reasons for the long stretch of time w/out an update:

First reason - I've just started at Southwestern College and so far, it's been an eye-opening experience. Example: you show up late for a class or flat-out don't attend, your ass gets dropped. So far, it's been interesting, and the classes i'm taking (with the exception of Math 20) are filled with interesting conversations someone like me can really get into, which leads me to the classes i'm taking: Intro to Media 101, Political Science 101, Math 20, and English 114.

Second reason - More episodes of depression. There have been days where I could just sit at this screen, ready to write but say 'fuck it' and give up on whatever I was about ready to say. It sucks, but I just have to keep fighting through that shit. There's not much I can do. We all have our down days, we just need to find a way to make it through the day with our heads held high.

Enough about that, though. There's so much I need to get to, so much I missed; hell, even the last week has been both exciting and embarrassing with Obama accepting the nomination in front of 85,000 people, to the desperation of McCain, choosing an unknown governor from Alaska to be his VP and lure Hillary Clinton voters to vote for a woman who stands virtually everything against issues such as climate change, a woman's right to choose, and gay marriage, to name a few, hoping they'll vote out of inconsolable rage over the reality that Hillary lost to the now Democratic nominee for president.

Oh, and football season is almost here, and I for one, can't wait for the Chargers to start playing again!

I'll have more shit to write in the coming days. (Oh, and as a side note: Newshound Off-Topic blogger, the lovely Et, Pb.D and I will be covering the Republican National Convention over at Banned and Dangerous starting tomorrow, so keep your eyes peeled.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You show up late and you get dropped? That's a new one.