Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Outsider

Yet another poem on teen angst.....what can I say, I understand and connect with losers, outsiders, misfits, and the vast legions of young people who feel alienated and feel like they don't have any connection with the environment they're in or the cliques they run into....That, and there's something about listening to Radiohead that gets me in this mood.

Songs I was listening to: "How to Disappear Completely," "Everything In Its Right Place," "Optimistic," "Planet Telex," "Bullet Proof...I Wish I Was," "Street Spirit (Fade Out)," "Weird Fishes/Arpeggi"


These pictures
On my screen
They tease me


Snapshots of groups of friends
At parties, having fun times, with lovers
They're all teasing me


These places, their faces
They're tormenting my head
They're part of a world I'll never be apart of


No matter how hard I'll try
No matter how I wish I may and might
I'll always be an outsider, looking into their light

No comments: