Friday, May 23, 2008

Hillary Clinton has just lost all of my respect

Earlier today I asked senator Clinton the following: Please, Senator Clinton, return to the woman that I used to know and admire.
Just two hours later, she had the nerve to say some stupid shit like this.

"My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. I don't understand it."

So this is her justification as to why she should be the nominee: Barack Obama could be assassinated, the same way Robert Kennedy was assasinated back in June of '68.
Wow.
Never mind that the statement was incredibly crass and offensive (especially when the Kennedys are going through a trying time with Edward Kennedy having a brain tumor), but the fact that she could actually stoop this low to make a case to the superdelegates to become the Democratic Party's nominee is nothing short of appalling.
This goes way past the notion that 'It's just politics as usual.'
These are the kind of comments that no politician running for public office should ever make during a campaign.
Whatever respect I had for the New York senator is now completely gone. Mrs. Clinton is no longer the strong, inspiring female politician I had come to admire, and I will no longer support her in whatever action she decides to take for herself in the future. She had her chance of at least showing some class thought the remainder of the nomination process, but I've had about all I can take from her.
Mrs. Clinton, it is time for you to put aside you pride and step down from the Democratic campaign. You have embarrassed the party, and yourself, for long enough.
Update: Here's Keith Olbermann and his Special Comment on her remarks.

No comments: