Monday, March 31, 2008

30 Random facts about me - Part one

So here's a collection of random facts about yours truly.

1. Please don't ask me if I know who got eliminated from America Idol. I don't watch it, and chances are, I really don't give a damn.

2. I can't stand most reality TV shows. Mostly because it's lacking actual reality and there are too many of them running around. You want to watch real reality TV? Turn on C-SPAN and watch the NCAA Basketball Tournament or the MLB or NFL Postseason games.

3. I stared in a play when I was in the 6th Grade. Bye, Bye, Birdie was the production we put on for drama class, and I was the lead male, Albert.

4. I used to watch Crossfire with dad when I was seven, mostly because of the verbal fights between conservative and liberal pundits.

5. My birthmark is a heart-shape on the back of my head. Yes, you heard right. A heart-shape on the back of my head.

6. Mid to late 90's = I became a fan of the San Diego Padres. Even when they sucked after the 1998 season, I still stuck with them.

7. This is how big of an anime fan I became with the following shows:
Dragon Ball Z - I dressed up as Goku for Halloween in 2000.
Gundam Wing - I collected Gundam Wing models from some anime shop from 2000 to 2001.
Tenchi Muyo!/Universe/Tokyo - I read Tenchi Muyo! fan fiction.

8. How I became a lover of anime was though this cartoon show, Toonami on Cartoon Network. I don't mean the Naruto crap they have on now. I mean shows like Cowboy Bebob, Outlaw Star, DBZ, Tenchi Muyo, Gundam Wing, Cardcaptors, those kind of kick-ass, action-packed shows.

9. Guilty pleasures: girl/girl smut videos and Fergie.

10. I visit dad's side of the family in Texas every 3 years.

11. Up until the time I was nine, I used to cry every time me and my family left Vegas back for home.

12. I hate cheese.

13. I fell in love with movies when I watched Spirited Away when I was eleven or twelve. I had been a big fan of movies, but Spirited Away was the movie that shook all my pre-concieved ideas that a movie's purpose was to entertain its audience.

14. I am the Opinion Editor of my school newspaper, The Ranch Review. Its a position I am proud to be on, although there have been times I feel out of place in the class, due to the fact that, from my perspective, I don't have anyone who I can identify with.

15. I have a phobia of butterflies. I flinch whenever one gets close to me.

No comments: