Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My new addiction: the good and the bad of Fan Fiction

So there's this site I just happened to stumble on, called Fan Fiction.net. Basically, the site brings together die-hard fans of anime, Star Wars, Harry Potter, and yes, even High School Musical, and it gives them a creative outlet to make up stories form their favorite books, movies, and TV shows.

Many of the writers on the site weave together compelling stories which suck you right in. And some writers just have sick, perverted minds altogether, making lemons for merely shock and awe.

Right now, and previously noted awhile back, I'm mostly reading the fan fiction for this anime show, Tenchi Muyo!, and as I said earlier, a lot of the writing is damned good. Here are a few of my favorites:
Love Note
The Journal of Pain
In the Heart of Kiyone

The absolute must reads are:
To the Victor Goes the Spoils
Hiatus
Of Dreams and Reality.

Then, there are the really perverted ones.
The Pirate and The Princess
I Want You (a Harry Potter fan fic)

And then, there's these two.

Despite the sex-addicted perverts, fan fiction.net rules. Definitely check out the site and read some of the stories. They might have whatever movie or show you're madly in love with over there.
Who knows, I may start writing some stories over there.
Stay tuned.

No comments: